Hundreds of people joined us on ISDay to celebrate all things sculptural by dropping in to our virtual sculpture exhibition to see works created over a 10 week period at Sunningwell School of Art. These sculptures were produced just prior to COVID-19 lockdown) by our advanced sculpture students and students at the beginning of their life sculpture journey, all under the attentive and skilful guidance of Pam Foley.
Two women sculptors of the 20th Century online course
Pam would love you to continue celebrating #ISDay by participating in her new online course focusing on 2 Women Sculptors of the 20th Century, who use and portray the human form in their art, Niki de Saint Phalle and Malvina Hoffman. The five week course starts on Tuesday the 9th June at 9:30am and finishes on Saturday 7th July.
Virtual Artworks takes place this year from 2nd May to 31st May 2020 with online exhibitions and virtual tours.
Click here for the Sunningwell celebration of Artweeks 2020
Click here for Art Weeks – Oxfordshire Visual Arts Festival
- Sarah Wiseman Gallery, Summertown, Nth Oxford – Sarah Wiseman Gallery is the largest independent gallery space in Oxford and has built a strong reputation for ambitious and engaging exhibitions of contemporary art by established as well as emerging artists. Director Sarah Wiseman opened the gallery in 1998 and it was quickly established as a leading space for contemporary art in Oxford. Sarah has sought out a varied group of artists with an eye to individuality and technical accomplishment, reflecting her passion and commitment to contemporary art.
- The National Gallery, London
- The Royal Acadamy – An independent fine arts institution which supports contemporary artists and promotes interest in the arts through a comprehensive and ambitious exhibition programme.
- Tate online
- National Portrait Gallery – The National Portrait Gallery was founded in 1865 to collect the likenesses of famous British men and women. Today the collection is the most comprehensive of its kind in the world.
- The Ashmolean – Museum of art and archaeology, Oxford
- Victoria and Albert Museum – “The purpose of the Victoria and Albert Museum is to enable everyone to enjoy its collections and explore the cultures that created them; and to inspire those who shape contemporary design.”
- BBC – Arts – The BBC’s “…gateway to visual arts, literature, culture and getting creative”