Looking for the ‘feel good factor’?
Look no further than volunteering at Sunningwell School of Art
Sunningwell School of Art is looking for volunteers to help keep the school running smoothly both front of house and behind the scenes and keep students and tutors cups of tea topped up!
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- Be part of a a friendly, fun-loving and creative team
- Share your own skills and experience
- Meet new people and make friends
- Develop new skills and knowledge
- Make a unique contribution to a unique and caring art organisation
- Limitless tea, coffee and biscuits
- Travel expenses reimbursed
- Annual volunteers social
- Front of House Assistant: Help prepare and serve refreshments in the Common Room during break times. Help run the ‘shop’ before, during and after classes by helping students with art material enquiries and assisting them with purchases. Keep the Common Room and Kitchen area clean and tidy, by loading and unloading the dishwasher and wiping the surfaces. Keep the ‘shop’ fully stocked with paper and other sundries.
Who would this role suit: A suitable role for a friendly, sociable, organised and attentive person with time to dedicate to the school, outside of their own classes. Between 90 to 180 minutes volunteer time is required to run the shop and cover break times during morning or afternoon sessions. It would suit someone with an interest in getting to know the wider school community.
- Studio Assistant: Help set-up studio spaces before and after classes alongside school staff and tutors. This role can be carried out in conjunction with your weekly class. For example, if you attend a class at 10am, you can volunteer as a Studio Assistant for this class, simply arriving 30 minutes before the class and staying behind afterwards to tidy up and reset the studio.
Who would this role suit? A suitable role for a friendly, organised and practical person with time to spare before and after the class/es they attend and an interest in getting more involved behind the scenes at the art school.
- Events and Exhibitions Assistant: Help set-up and assist at events and exhibitions at the school, such as Artweeks, Open Days and International Sculpture Day. Hours for this role are determined by the event/exhibition and help required to run it.
Who would this role suit? A suitable role for a friendly, enthusiastic and practical person with availability outside the class/es they usually attend who enjoys meeting new people and is interested in playing a part in the success of our extra curricular activities.
*Please note all volunteers must be aged 18 and over. If you are under 18 and interested in work experience at the school, please get in touch as we are also able to support a limited number of work experience and Duke of Edinburgh volunteering placements.
How much time do I need to commit?
From as little 1 hour per week.
How can I get involved?
Contact Sophie at the school to find out more and tell us about yourself email@example.com
Click here to read our Volunteer Policy